Rules of the club
A brief summary of the rules are as follows:
- Prospective members must complete an application form to join the Whangarei Bee Club Inc.
- The first year of membership is as a provisional member. A provisional member will be accorded all the rights and privileges of full membership except will not have any voting rights at club meetings.
- All provisional members will be provided the opportunity to have hands on training sessions at club meetings, weather permitting.
- Provisional members attain full club membership on their one year anniversary on joining the club and will then be eligible to vote at meetings.
- All members shall promote the purposes of the club and shall do nothing to bring the club into disrepute.
- Any member whose membership is over overdue is not entitled to use the club facilities or vote at meeting. If their membership fee is over three months in arrears they will automatically cease to be a member of the club. They can apply to rejoin the club but may have to pay an additional application fee.
- Any member who wishes to put forward a motion to be voted on at a club meeting must give the President or Secretary written notice at least 21 days before the next club meeting.
- The AGM must be held by the 1st Saturday in May following balance date and the notice of meeting and financial statements must be available to club members at least 14 days before the AGM.
- Nominations for members of the Committee for election at the AGM must be in writing and given to the Secretary at least 21 days prior to the AGM.
- Members over the age of 70 are able to apply for the status of Gold Member. Gold members annual fee is reduced to $40 per annum.